•  DE | EN
TOP

TIRA GmbH – company history

The TIRA GmbH is a company of testing- and measuring technology with a high innovation potential for very complex, customer-specific requirements.

The company was formed in 1947 as „Thüringer Industriewerk Rauenstein“ and renamed in 1990 to „TIRA Maschinenbau GmbH“. In its more than 50 years history TIRA can refer to several thousand machines and systems for a wide variety of sectors. Innovative developments in the industry are not possible without powerful measurement and testing technology. In 1998 by the construction of a new company building TIRA stayed abreast of these changes. The company is headquartered in Schalkau, in the „green heart“ of Germany.

Following you can find some past events in the company’s history:

2012

  • July 2012
    Commissioning of a new CNC-machine
     
  • August 2012
    Commissioning of a new laser cutting-off machine
     
  • October 2012
    Special copper welding of our shaker bodies

2010

  • June 2010
    Visit of Thuringian state parliament premier Birgit Diezel 

2008

  • 13.06.2008
    Visit of Thuringian Premier Dieter Althaus

 

 

2007

  • Continuation of service department of former „TIRA WPM Leipzig GmbH“ by „TIRA Mess- und Prüftechnik GmbH“ in Schalkau
     
  • Increase of common stock (according to ownership of shareholders) to 1 million euro
     
  • Further acquisition of shares by Angelantoni Industrie S.p.A. to 96.3 %
     
  • 07.03.2007
    Visit of state parliament member Dagmar Schipanski

 

 

2006

  • Sale of subsidiary in Leipzig,  „TIRA WPM Leipzig GmbH“, and integration of the material testing department into the TIRA company
     
  • Cooperation with the school „Goethe Schule Schalkau“
     
  • Appointment of managing director Josef Weber

2005

  • Formation of Board of Directors

2004

  • Majoritarian acquisition of company share by Angelantoni Industrie S.p.A. to 50.1 %

2002

  • Acquisition of „Angelantoni Industrie – ACS Vertrieb und Service GmbH“ Ballingenand shifting the business operations to Schalkau as well as renaming to „TIRA ACS Umweltsimulation GmbH“

2000

  • Selective acquisition of the company „Werkstoffprüfmaschinen Leipzig“ 
     
  • Start of the cooperation with the Italian Angelantoni group

1998

  • Big move of TIRA facility from Rauenstein to the nearby town Schalkau

1995

  • It could be startet to develop a professional world-wide sale

1990

  • Privatisation and restart in reunited Germany

1978

  • Creation of a wave soldering bath
  • Rationalisation of production
     
  • Net production increased to 110% in comparison to previous year
  • Succcesfully applied for 5 patents

1965

  • The production of vibration test systems has started

1952

  • The first products of the company were exported to USSR e.g. decimal scales, kitchen scales

1947

  • Formation as „Thüringer Industriewerk Rauenstein“ Production of metal products, wood products and concrete

1945

  • 11. April 1945
    The village Rauenstein was occupied by the american army (they destroyed all company documents) All valuable goods were taken away to USA
     
  • 10. Juni 1945
    Comrade Otto Sollmann handed over the key of the company to establish a peacetime production
     
  • 3. Juli 1945
    Beginning of the Soviet occupation